Couple of days back, when I managed to escape from the horrific schedule of the workplace for a long, silent walk in a tranquil afternoon along the river bank with myself,
I saw there a pretty little girl playing flying saucer with her mom. She was so engrossed in her world that nothing could seem to steal her attention for a moment. It seemed like a pure beautiful soul, who was not aware of the words like hypocrisy, conceit, compromise, diplomacy and sorrow, was moving back and forth with an ecstatic smile which seemed to stay at the corner of her beautiful lips forever. One could really forget the cruel world’s complicacy by catching a glimpse of her shinning bright face which made me think about someone whom I haven’t met for years, but I used to live my best days with that someone.
That someone was actually me. Since childhood it used to be my earnest dream to live an independent life, where work would be given the highest priority, which I successfully achieved but in order to make that happen, a lot of small things would have gone to oblivion without my notice.
Few desires, passions which should always be there to give us the true feeling of ecstasy, warmth, breakthrough to move ahead to a new direction, otherwise devil in the form of loneliness starts creeping from allover and the hideous, dark claws of shattering silence start biting one to death.
But sometime unknowingly we close our eyes and those beautiful dreams, passions get faded out and slowly they take the back seat in order to make us efficient enough with endless skills to fight a never ending battle at our workplace.
We all have some passions for something which we confine at a tiny chamber of our giant heart, and when that something springs forth and we get a real chance to work on that, one can experience his presence in the realm of heaven. That moment of happiness, satisfaction is priceless. But until we really, wholeheartedly work towards our passion, we would always end up living our beautiful life with grudge, reluctance and resent.
Today when I closed my eyes I could see again a pretty little girl, sitting alone besides a railway track to celebrate an ineffable moment of her discovery of making fire by rubbing two stones. The experience of making fire for the first time in her life amazed the little girl so much that she rushed to her mom, whom she thought the one who would appreciate her trivial discovery with a genuine gesture. She had ocean full of dreams.
She loved to scribble everywhere, even if she got a chance to grab a piece a torn paper. She wanted to play Violin.
She wanted to roam around through the highland meadows like a Solitary Reaper.
But as time went by she started putting all these precious dreams at the bottom of the stack of her heart. This has not happened in a single day; this story was comprised of several chapters. That bunch of beautiful desires gradually settled down at the bottom of the stack.
Indecisive is the word what I hate the most, which turns all the big efforts into fiasco and ill luck is an accomplice in the journey of “Indecisiveness”.
And we end up having a lot of sleepless nights and bad dreams.
Suddenly my very old Hotel California ring tone hauled me into the land of disaster. I disconnected the call and tried to look into every possible direction for the pretty little girl but she was nowhere in sight. She was long gone.
Instead of going back to office I came back to my cramped apartment. I was feeling restless, so many tiny particles inside me were fighting a never-ending battle among them selves for something which was not very clear to me. My head was reeling so hard that it seemed to be blown in thousand pieces. But a hot shower and a mug of hot steamy coffee settled me down finally.
And all of a sudden I felt a strong urge to scribble something. So I turned on my laptop and words started gushing down inevitably on notepad without taking a brief pause. I could feel a lump in my throat whenever I tried to swallow some air; I started feeling breathless out of sheer excitement. And finally after couple of hours, I took a pause to breathe some air.
“Yeah, I am done” I told that to myself.
Suddenly, a hazy picture of the voyage, I set out for in my childhood started emerging slowly in front of my eyes - those horrible exam times, amazing mischief, pranks, sharing stupid secrets, fairy tales, sports day, broken dreams, few unforgettable moments, mom’s tears, small fights, guidance, first job, first client’s appreciation and list went on……
I was feeling much better; I took a silent vow to myself that no matter what may come in my way, I would accomplish my dream and achieve all those small things that the pretty little girl had dreamt of once.
The lazy walk in that afternoon rejuvenated the eternal sunshine of the purest form of my soul devoid of any complication.
As they say it you can still find that li'l girl inside you but can you keep her smiling? If there was a competition for best smile I would bet my money on that li'l girl :-)
ReplyDelete--Someone close
kool monu....only a person with pure heart can write this... keep smiling my cute sis
ReplyDeletenice read.....but can you trust yourself to be able to give everything you have to your chosen "passion" when the moment arrives? What if extraneous things bind you down?
ReplyDeleteDon't know about those critical intricate situations..I guess I would handle those situations maturedly...But now I am trying to fulfill my passion as much as I can.....Who knows what will happen tomorrow......Thanks for your comment but do I know ya?
ReplyDeletethat was really soothing..
ReplyDelete